Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"I'm Not There" Soundtrack

I haven't seen this movie yet, so I can't comment on how good or bad it may be, but as far as the soundtrack goes, it's very good. The premise for the movie as I understand it is there are 6 actors who play different characters throughout the movie. Now, while none of them have the name of Bob Dylan, the inspiration for their names and characters can all be pointed back towards him. The most interesting casting choice to me was Cate Blanchett, who really when you look at all the characters above, most resembles Dylan. Another interesting choice, but one that makes sense is the choice of Marcus Carl Franklin, an African American teenager. At first it may seem like an odd decision to put him into the movie, but when you think about it and realize the way Dylan has been outspoken for racial equality, be it through his music (Hurricane), or his personal life (marrying a black woman), throughout his career and life.

All Along The Watchtower-Eddie Vedder & The Million Dollar Bashers
Ballad Of A Thin Man-Stephen Malkmus & The Million Dollar Bashers
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere-Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova


I'm Not There.com ***** Buy "I'm Not There" Soundtrack


Bob Dylan.com *** Myspace *** CD's *** eMusic *** Hype Machine

No comments: