Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lupe Fiasco- The Cool

I had just about given up on the current crop of hip hop artists when I heard something so different than all the other junk (for lack of a better word) on the radio these days. In a genre filled with artists like 50 Cent and Soulja Boy, it was refreshing to hear an artist like Lupe Fiasco come through my speakers. I'll give a plug to the station I was listening to when I heard the song "The Coolest", because for my money it's the best FM radio station in the Minneapolis area and has given me exposure to a ton of artists I wouldn't have heard otherwise. Click here to visit The Current. But I digress...Coming off the heels of his debut album "Food & Liquor" (nominated for a Grammy), Lupe follows it up with "The Cool", one of the best hip hop albums from start to finish I've heard in years. During the making of the album Lupe lost his father and a close friend to death, as well as his mentor to a prison sentence, and those themes are prevalent throughout the album.

Hip Hop Saved My Life
Superstar
The Coolest



Lupe Fiasco.com *** Myspace *** CD's *** eMusic *** Hype Machine

2 comments:

gs56ca said...

honestly, Lupe Fiasco isn't nothing new. If you thought all the hiphop artists were from the mainstream, you're wrong. There are hiphop artists in the underground who are not being promoted. It's really nothing new, well maybe to the mainstream it's something new.

Hoda said...

Can anyone talk about Consequence already?!?!