Sunday, February 24, 2008

Santana-Supernatural

I can still remember watching the Grammys in 2000 and seeing this album win countless awards. This was before I had really become aware of music outside of what was on the radio, or "pop" music. I was watching Santana on the Tonight Show later that night after the Grammys and thinking "what is this old guy doing with this young R & B group?". And thus my musical education really began, I started to research Carlos Santana and realized there was so much music out there I had never heard that was mind blowing, and in the last 8 years my music library has grown into thousands of CD's ranging from Bach to Tupac to Frank Sinatra. Supernatural is a classic album from one of the greatest guitarists I've had the pleasure of listening to, and it probably is up there with one of the biggest impact albums on my life because of the way it opened my eyes to new types of music.

Maria Maria (w/ The Product B & G)
Put Your Lights On (w/ Everlast)
Smooth (w/ Rob Thomas)


Santana.com *** Myspace *** CD's *** eMusic *** Hype Machine

1 comment:

Christoff said...

Hi there,

I came across your site vir linkreferral and thought it was a really great site! Loved snooping around a bit!

Keep it up.

Regards,
Christoff Gouws
ZAVibes.com