Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ella Fitzgerald

Happy birthday Ella Fitzgerald, she would have been 91 yesterday. Here is a live compilation of her with Frank Sinatra & Count Basie called "A Swingin' Summit". The performances are mixed between 1958 and 1975, so the sound might sound different depending on which track you are listening to, but all of them are listenable.

1. Sweet Georgia Brown
2. There Will Never Be Another You
3. One O'Clock Jump

Ella & Frank - 1958

4. a. Moonlight In Vermont
b. I May Be Wrong
c. Party Blues
5. Our Love Is Here To Stay
6. I've Got You Under My Skin
7. Let's Do It
8. Mountain Greenery
9. Can't We Be Friends
10. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
11. Pennies From Heaven
12. Blues In The Night
13. Honeysuckle Rose

Ella, Frank, & Basie - 1975

14. a. The Song Is You
b. They Can't Take That Away From Me
c. The Lady Is A Tramp
15. I've Got You Under My Skin

No comments: