Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Leonard Cohen

On Sunday I had the great pleasure of seeing Leonard Cohen in concert at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis. I'd heard some recordings of his concerts this tour and I was really impressed by them, but nothing compares to actually being there and seeing him on stage. He was amazing and nothing short of perfect Sunday. He got on stage around 8, and finished around 11:15, which for a 74 year old guy is quite impressive. If you get a chance to see him, take the opportunity, this is most likely his last tour, and a living historical figure that should not be missed. The following download is 2 sets he performed in 1968 at the BBC, the sound quality is great and the performance is one of his best in my opinion.

Leonard Cohen Live At The Beeb

8-31-68

You Know Who I Am
Bird On The Wire
The Stranger Song
So Long Marianne
The Master Song

9-7-68

There's No Reason Why You Should Remember Me (Improvisation)
Teachers
Sisters Of Mercy
Dress Rehearsal Rag
Suzanne
Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye
Story Of Isaac
One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong

Bonus Tracks
Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye (1-27-68)
Bird on the Wire; So Long Marianne; You Know Who I Am (8-11-68)